How we process your personal data
This information concerns you that:
• Is a guest / customer with us
• Uses our HomeofWellbeing brand
• Is a project member / member of Wellbeing International
• Visits our website and / or our platforms in social media
• Signs up for one of our newsletters
• Participates in our competitions, marketing activities or customer surveys
• Participates in any of our activities, courses or seminars
• Communicates with us in other ways, for example through customer service
• Uses our applications or programs
We make sure that the personal data we process is stored and handled in a safe and secure manner, and in accordance with the GDPR, the Data Protection Regulation.
In order for you to know how we handle your personal data; it is important that you read this text. If you have any questions about how your personal information is handled, you are welcome to contact us. Contact information can be found below.
2. What is personal data?
All kinds of information that can be directly or indirectly linked to you are regarded as personal data. Images (photos) and sound recordings of individuals can also be counted as personal data, even if no names are mentioned. Encrypted information and various types of electronic identities, such as IP numbers, are regarded as personal information if they can be linked to natural persons.
3. How do we handle personal data?
4. How long is my personal data saved?
We only store your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to fulfill what was the purpose when we collected it, or as long as we have to store it according to law. After that, your information is deleted, or we de-identify your personal information so that it can no longer be linked to you. We have internal routines to ensure this.
5. Do we provide your personal information to anyone else?
Our starting point is that your personal data should not be provided to third parties unless it is necessary to fulfill our obligations under agreement or law. In cases where we disclose personal data to third parties, we draw up confidentiality agreements / assistant agreements and ensure that the personal data is processed in a secure manner.
6. How do we protect your personal data?
Your privacy is important to us and that is why we focus on safety. We take measures to protect your personal data and work continuously with information security. At Wellbeing International, through Lnu, we have guidelines for how we send your information securely, and routines to ensure that those who work for us only have access to the information they need to perform their work. We work continuously to update our systems so that we can log events, and archive data without searchability when your personal data must be stored for a longer period, for example according to the Accounting Act.
7. My rights
Once your personal information has been registered in a register, you automatically receive certain rights. In short, they mean that you as a registrant must be able to receive information about when and how your personal data is processed, and that you have the right to control your data. Therefore, you have, among other things, in certain cases the right to have your information corrected, deleted and blocked and to obtain extracts from your registered personal information. These rights apply under data protection legislation. If you want to exercise any of your rights, contact us via email (see contact information below).
• Access to your personal information. You have the right to receive a confirmation of whether we process your personal data and an extract of what data we process. You have the right to receive an extract once per twelve-month period.
• Request correction. You have the right to have incorrect information corrected.
• Request to be deleted. You have the right to have your information deleted in certain circumstances.
• Objection to treatment based on our legitimate interest and to treatment for direct marketing. You have the right to object to how we handle your personal data or that the handling is limited.
To find out more about data protection legislation and your rights, you can read more here: https://www.imy.se/
If you consider that our processing of your personal data does not take place in accordance with data protection legislation, we would like you to contact us. You also have the right to complain to the Privacy Protection Authority, which is the supervisory authority.
8. How do i decline immediate marketing?
Wellbeing International (and the SB WELL project) can use your email address for direct marketing if you choose to indicate that you want to receive it. If you do not want us to use your e-mail address for direct marketing after you initially accepted it, you can stop the mailing to you through the link you find in the mails. Please note that newsletters are also included in direct marketing.
9. Contact details
The Linnaeus University 202100-6271 is responsible for the processing of your personal data. If you want further information about how your personal data is handled or if you want to exercise your rights, contact us at:
351 95 Växjö
Phone: 0772-28 80 00